As a former lecturer at Coastal Carolina University in Health Education our Founder & CEO Jessica Lowery supports educational opportunities that provide knowledge on holistic and alternative medicine approaches for overall health and vitality.
In Honor of Educators, we have extended Teacher Appreciation week to encompass all of May and reintroduce Sambucus nigra, the most common variety of the black elderberry plant used for medicinal purposes, to our community.
It was Jessica's initial passion for holistic and natural remedies that lead her to the medicinal benefits of The Elderberry that she initially provided to her family through her handcrafted elderberry syrup.
Through extensive research of her own she was further compelled to create a higher standard of processing and safety control that matches the excellence of The Organic European Black Elderberry and that has provided The POWER of Elderberries the Premium Brand Awareness it is renowned for.
Sambucus Nigra or Black Elderberry is native to Europe, Africa and parts of Asia and is the species on which the majority of scientific research has been conducted.
Elderberries are among one of the top anti-viral herbs on the planet.
They are known for supporting the immune system as they are an anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory.
With such diverse medicinal benefits Hippocrates, the ancient Greek known as the father of medicine, referred to elderberries as his “medicine chest” because they appeared to be a cure all for so many health ailments.
- Elderberry is often recommended for use as a natural remedy to support the natural process of recovery and restoration.
- Elderberries have pharmacologic properties making it a natural alternative for
- cold and flu relief,
- sinus infection symptoms,
- lowering blood sugar
- promoting regularity,
- support heart health,
- support skin health
- A natural diuretic
- The elderberry also has anti-carcinogenic properties (preventing or delaying the development of cancer).
With elderberries incredible medicinal properties, we choose the highest standards of quality and processing to deliver The POWER of Elderberries to our customers. We do NOT compromise the pure excellence and natural medicinal properties of the Elderberry by adding fillers, additives or preservatives.
- We choose to use all whole ingredients, rather than ground in our elderberry syrup.
- We choose to use organic European black elderberries’ due to the fact that the standards are so much higher, which in turn gives our products and customers the highest quality products they deserve.
- After the brewing process is complete, we press and triple filter the extract squeezed from the elderberries to get every last milligram which ensures our customers receive the highest level of antioxidants and anthocyanidins combined with the anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that elderberries are known for.
The potency of our elderberry syrup ensures the effectiveness.
While The Elderberry receives popularity for its immune support during cold and flu season as well as a natural remedy for allergy relief, it is gaining increasing awareness for its anti-inflammatory properties that provide individuals year-round relief from chronic pain.
Jessica shares, "I had the sweetest, petite framed older women come up to me at the farmers market and give me the biggest hug. I was amazed at her testimonial. She was receiving very expensive treatments for her knee pain as a result of having essentially no cartilage left in them. She shared that she had greater pain relief from taking our elderberry syrup.
It wasn’t until our customers started sharing their own powerful testimonials that confirmed our formulation and process was doing things, I never imagined possible."
If you suffer from year-round discomfort caused by inflammation in the body whether in your joints or back, Our Signature Syrup is processed with the highest standards to provide you an excellent source for an anti-inflammatory to provide relief from pain associated with inflammation.
"I can't take credit for The medicinal POWER available to us through one of God's finest creations, but I do take pride in how we choose to process The Elderberry and capture its excellence in our Signature Syrup. "